The Alzheimer Society is encouraging participation for the Minds in Motion® program, as it unites families and communities. It combines physical activity, socialization and mental stimulation for people living with early to moderate symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia to attend with a family member or community friend.
How the program works:
A two hour/week program that runs for eight consecutive weeks
- The program combines
- 45 minutes of physical activity led by a trained physical activity program leader
- 45 minutes of socially stimulating mental activities facilitated by an Alzheimer Society of Manitoba program staff and volunteers
- Light, healthful refreshments are provided
- Class sizes are limited in order to accommodate the needs of all participants
- Fees: $56.00 per participant couple
Click here to view upcoming sessions!
For additional information please contact Maria Mathews, Minds in Motion® Program Manager.
The Alzheimer Society of Manitoba is currently recruiting program volunteers. Click here to learn more about the roles and responsibilities of a Minds in Motion® volunteer.
Upcoming Information Sessions for Volunteers
Alzheimer Society of Manitoba’s Provincial Office, 10-120 Donald St. (map)
Wednesday, March 1 from 2-3 pm
Thursday, March 9 from 10-11 am
Here is what you will learn:
- How the program is structured
- Benefits for participants and the community
- Roles, responsibilities and benefits for Minds in Motion® volunteers
Click here to register today.