Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia can leave those with the disease and their care partners feeling isolated. You are not alone. There are other people to share the journey with you!
Support groups are there for people who want to inform themselves with current information that will help improve quality of life with the disease. It’s a safe environment where you can learn, laugh, and help each other through mutual understanding.
Our support groups for those caring for someone with the disease – spouses, family or friends – offers participants the chance to:
- Exchange information and friendship with others affected by dementia,
- Access the most current information,
- Learn and share practical tips for coping with change,
- Decrease feelings of loneliness and isolation,
- Express feelings and be reassured that these feelings are normal, and
- Find a sense of hope.
For more information on a support group near you, choose your region below.